Mix three parts seasoned commercial litigator with one part savvy in-house counsel and you have Gabrielle. She is the unshakable advocate and problem-solver in your corner.
Gabrielle brings to Amy Stewart Law over three decades of experience representing business clients in complex disputes as well as advising U.S. insurance carriers and underwriting syndicates at Lloyd’s of London. The olive in this potent cocktail is that Gabrielle spent nearly seven of those years serving as in-house counsel for an established global commercial franchisor. There, her portfolio of responsibilities included, among other things, insurance and risk management and working with outside counsel as the client representative, which deepened her understanding of how businesses operate and the challenges they face.
Consistently described as committed, tenacious, and hard-working, Gabrielle is also a creative thinker who excels at untangling complex cases. Clients can count on her to present clear and realistic case analysis and options.
To balance out her husband’s numerous hobbies, Gabrielle counts spending quality time with friends as her main hobby, and if a great porch and glass of wine is involved, so much the better. Gabrielle and her husband share a love for Halloween, demonstrated each year with an over-the-top yard display, earning their East Dallas home the neighborhood moniker “Halloween House.” Gabrielle earned her law degree from the University of Texas but at heart will always be a proud Fighting Kangaroo from Austin College.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1990
B.A., Austin College, Policical Science, 1987
Licensed in Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Gabrielle has advised and represented a broad spectrum of business clients with pre-suit dispute resolution, commercial litigation, nonsubscriber and insurance litigation, appeals in state and federal courts, settlement and risk management oversight, contract drafting and negotiation, franchising and compliance, employment law and oversight.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of client defending against anti-trust claims brought by competitor
- Won judgment in favor of client pursing adversarial claims against debtor in bankruptcy court
- Selected by certain Underwriting syndicates at Lloyd’s of London as sole attorney to advise them with respect to over 700 stalled Texas lawsuits, which included rendering case evaluations, recommending claim reserves, developing and approving case strategies, and negotiating settlements
- Represented oil and gas industry client in prosecuting breach of contract claim against customer
- Represented principal in suit against agent for breach of fiduciary duties in sale of company
- Represented beneficiary in suit against trustee for breach of fiduciary duties
- As in-house counsel for global franchising company, advised Risk Management Department concerning coverage issues, and third-party defense and indemnity issues for personal injury and property claims
- Served as de facto outside general counsel to multi-jurisdictional business client for 12 years, collaborating with its executive leadership to protect and advance its competitive advantages, advised its board of directors on discreet issues, and handled its business litigation
- Participated in defending against eight-figure damage claim in complex litigation between international companies in dispute involving a securitized commercial mortgage transaction.
- Argued appeal of complex lawsuit involving EPA administrative action in approving pesticide for use and subsequent crop damage suffered by farmers
- As in-house counsel, assisted with overseeing defense of class action lawsuits brought by franchisees
Professional and Community Involvement
Association of Corporate Counsel
Society of Human Resource Managers
Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow, 2013-Present
Attorneys Serving the community - Member 2012-2019
The Turning Point - Board Member and three-term Board Vice President, 2011-2018
Women's Presidents Organization - Attorney member, 2012-2015
Dallas Bar Association E-Mentoring Program - Mentor, 2011-2012
Before joining Amy Stewart Law, Gabrielle was the Assistant General Counsel for Jani-King International, the largest franchisor of commercial cleaning franchises worldwide, with 120 support offices, where she practiced from 2014 to 2021, handling franchise regulatory and contractual compliance, litigation management, employment matters, risk management issues, and contract drafting and negotiation. Prior to Jani-King, she was a Member with the firm Gray, Reed & McGraw, P.C. where she practiced from 2005 to 2014 and has been practicing in insurance and commercial litigation since 1990.