Julia is an even-keeled and hard-working litigator, who has been in the courtroom for the past 12 years advocating for her clients on a broad range of issues. Her experience includes working in diverse sectors such as insurance, real estate, healthcare, construction, personal injury, and sports, to name a few. She is a dedicated advocate whose tireless efforts on behalf of her clients have earned her the respect of judges, colleagues, and adversaries alike.
Julia spent nearly a decade as an attorney at Fidelity National Law Group and Hermes Sargent Bates, LLP, sharpening her expertise in the Texas Insurance Code, title disputes, and complex tort claims. Her ability to manage a large, multi-state docket speaks to her work ethic and impeccable organizational skills. Julia is adept at distilling complex cases into digestible and relatable narratives for judges, juries, and clients. She believes cases are won in preparation, and is known for her attention to detail.
Julia’s hard-hitting approach to advocacy was honed as an NCAA Division I soccer player for The University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) Bruins, where she allegedly received her fair share of yellow and red cards. Her athletic pursuits continue today as an amateur disc golf athlete and Camp Gladiator warrior. Julia recently married a fellow trial lawyer, enabling her to continue to practice her negotiating skills at home.
J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2009
B.A., The University of California at Los Angeles, 2006
Licensed in Texas
Licensed in New Mexico
- Secured complete defense verdict after a five-day jury trial involving multiple defandants and a real estate company property owner against claims seeking possession of beach front property
- Obtained favorable defense verdict for property owners and escrow office against claims for partition of property, as well as tort claims
- In a complex case involving breach of contract, duty to defend, and fraud claims, obtained dispositive motion for underwriter resulting in the complete dismissal of the underwriter from case
Awards and Recognition
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy in Clinical Program Award
- Institute of World Legal Problems, Innsbruck, Austria
- Moot Court Competition, Double-Octa Finalist
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity Board of Advocates
- Restorative Justice Initiative
Professional and Community Involvement
State Bar of Texas
State Bar of New Mexico
Dallas Bar Association, 2009 to present
DSM Associate Producers, 2019 to present
UCLA Alumni Association, 2006 to present
Before joining Amy Stewart Law, Julia worked at Fidelity National Law Group, managing a diverse docket of cases. She also practiced litigation at Hermes Sargent Bates, LLP, defending healthcare providers and medical professionals throughout Texas and New Mexico. Julia began her litigation career at Martin & Martin Law, P.C.